131: Crystals 101: How to Use Crystals for Beginners w/ Heather Askinosie
Rose quartz, clear quartz, phantom quartz – What's the difference? We love looking at crystals for their beauty, and you've probably heard that crystals are also used for their healing properties. But a lot of people never end up using crystals in a deeper way because there are so many crystals with different colors, shapes, and properties – it's hard to know where to start.
Luckily, today's guest is making it easy for anyone to start their crystal journey. Heather Askinosie is the co-founder of Energy Muse, a leader provider of healing crystals and crystal jewelry. Her new book CRYSTAL365 is a guide to 52 crystals and practices to elevate your everyday life.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:14 – Why crystals are trendy now + How Heather first got started with the world of energy
- 4:40 – Where crystals get their properties from & the ways we can feel connected to them
- 8:25 – How to make using crystals fun, simple, and playful (without getting overwhelmed)
- 10:37 – Does size or shape matter? Heather's crystal routines + How to pick your crystal of the day
- 14:07 – The Do's and Don'ts: Crystals in the bedroom & managing your crystal collection
- 17:31 – Crystal recommendations for: relationships, broken hearts, and procrastination
- 23:02 – “What if I don't feel anything from my crystals?” – Programming crystals to work for you
- 25:44 – Crystal healing vs. Science: Heather's recommendation for coming to a healthy balance
- 28:21 – Heather's dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
Special thanks to Shoptagr for sponsoring today's episode! To check out Shoptagr for yourself and be automatically entered to win $1,000, just click this link! → https://bit.ly/2sXiGsh
- Consistency is the magic key.
- I don't give my power over to the crystal. My power comes within me.
- Our relationships get better with everybody else around us, when we get better with ourselves.
- It takes time for us to get sick, and it takes time for us to heal.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.