137: How to Keep Promises to Yourself w/ Life Coach Lauren Zander
If you made a list of ALL the promises you've made to yourself that you've broken, you'd probably end up feeling pretty disappointed in yourself. Life coach Lauren Zander's here to help you stop breaking those promises and start fulfilling your juicy dreams.
Lauren's sharing her tried-and-true Handel Method, a coaching system refined over 20 years, used with top CEOs, celebrities, and entrepreneurs. But of course, everything she shares today can apply to your life: reflecting on your upbringing, building a sense of personal integrity, and learning how to manage tough emotions.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:34 – How Lauren became a life coach before most people knew life coaches even existed
- 8:00 – Breaking down Lauren's 20-year-old coaching method: Visions, “epis” & haunting memories
- 16:20 – The “truth” we tell ourselves that holds us back the most in life
- 18:54 – “Juicy” dreams + How to deal with the promises we break with ourselves
- 22:55 – The top positive habits in Lauren's life keeping her happy, healthy, and fulfilled
- 27:57 – How to deal with anger & resentment that holds you back
- 30:40 – Advise for an aspiring life coach (from an actual OG life coach)
- 32:07 – Lauren's dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Maybe It's You
- Dr. Mark Hyman
- Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins
- 2020 Artist of Life Workbook
- My interest is not to tell people what to do. It's to get people to figure out what matters most to them.
- We all have magic in us.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.