139: How to Set Boundaries w/ Nancy Levin
How many times have you said “yes” to something you REALLY wanted to say “no” to? When was the last time you were able to say “no” without feeling guilty? Coach and author Nancy Levin is teaching us how to set guilt-free boundaries with ourselves and the people around us.
Nancy shares why you shouldn't worry about hurting others with your boundaries, the misconception we have about making relationships work, and word-for-word examples of how to communicate your boundaries with grace.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:25 – Boundaries 101: Deciding where you end and others begin
- 4:40 – How people pleasers & peacekeepers can start building their own boundaries
- 6:44 – Relationship mistakes: Skeletons in the closet & prioritizing peace over truth
- 8:59 – What if being your authentic self threatens your relationship?
- 15:34 – How to communicate your boundaries to others (without demanding they change)
- 21:00 – How to follow through on boundaries you set with yourself
- 23:15 – Boundaries at work: How to set limits without feeling guilty or making excuses
- 26:58 – A go-to script for saying no to others with grace and gratitude
- 31:43 – How to help a friend who needs to set boundaries for themselves
- 33:47 – Nancy's dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- 2020 Artist of Life Workbook | shop.lavendaire.com
- Someone else's response to our truth is not our responsibility, it's theirs.
- When we're avoiding external conflict, we're creating more internal conflict.
- We can't be loved for who we are unless we reveal who we are.
- Start rocking your own foundation before it rocks you.
- We have to find our “no” in order to free our “yes”.
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.