Stop taking things too seriously. The stress it causes you is probably causing those things to suffer as well – you’re just not at your best. Today we have content creator Carrie Rad to share the value of taking care of yourself first, so you can be at your best for everything else.
It’s tough to admit, but sometimes you just end up hitting your limit. At some point, your body or mind just says “no”. Of course, the best move is to avoid that burnout with self care and being mindful. Carrie shares what self care looks like to her, how she deals with pressure, and her thoughts on laziness vs. self care.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:07 – How a call to creativity led Carrie from her 9-5 banking job to YouTube
- 7:57 – The value of making time for your foundational self care habits
- 11:56 – Burnout & dealing with self-imposed pressure to stay productive
- 17:49 – How to unplug as a YouTuber (while being engaged to another YouTuber)
- 21:10 – Is it self care or laziness? How to know where to draw the line
- 22:52 – Self worth vs. Gratitude: How Carrie manages the expectations she sets for herself
- 26:08 – Carrie’s dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
Thank you to Elemis for sponsoring today’s episode! Go to elemis.com/US/TheLavendaireLifestyle to claim a sample of the Pro-Collagen Marine Cream for $10 with free shipping.
- Purpose fuels passion.
- Taking care of myself is first and foremost.
- Be yourself and don’t be afraid to be yourself.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3