Have you ever felt like you had to put on a mask for people? Like you’ve created a ‘character’ for others that just isn’t the real you? Today’s guest knows that exact feeling: Natalie Alzate is showing her more authentic self on YouTube with over 10m subscribers, after 5 long years.
Natalie’s rapid channel growth is extremely impressive, but she’ll tell you herself: She’s a human being, not a machine. It takes a lot out of you to portray the bubbliest version of yourself for years and churning out content to reach the masses, only to end up burnt out and asking yourself, “Who am I?”
If you feel uninspired with your creativity or find yourself intimidated by the question of “Who am I?”, listen on to hear Natalie’s story and tips.
In this episode we explore:
- 3:02 – Quitting college with 7k subscribers (and a huge promise to immigrant parents)
- 6:35 – Balancing manifestation with action in the race to 1 million subscribers
- 9:52 – The importance of finding your niche on YouTube
- 11:23 – How Natalie’s Spanish channel blew up (even though she didn’t even want to make it)
- 13:15 – Natalie’s top tips for growing your channel in a sustainable way
- 21:04 – “The sweetness of doing nothing”: How to deal with burnout and ruts
- 23:39 – Natalie’s goal to be more authentic online, after years of being a ‘character’
- 26:15 – Why Natalie removed her breast implants & shared the whole story online
- 31:35 – Natalie’s dream life, resource recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Beauty Busters
- Eat Pray Love
- Natalie’s Breast Explant story
- 2020 Artist of Life Workbook | shop.lavendaire.com
- I have never accomplished something without believing in it first.
- You have to be your biggest advocate for everything in your life
- When you get a no for an answer, you’re asking the wrong person.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3