It’s time to rethink what you know about love. Today we have Monica Berg on the show to talk about adapting to change, building radical accountability with yourself, shattering the illusions in your relationship, and what it looks like to actually love someone unconditionally.
Monica is a spiritual thought leader, self-proclaimed “Change Junkie”, and author of Rethink Love: a guide to elevating the quality of your relationships – first with yourself, and then with your partner.
Thank you to BetterHelp for sponsoring today’s episode! Get 10% off your first month by going to trybetter.com/lavendaire.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:09 – Control is an illusion & change is the real reality
- 5:10 – Should you bother having expectations in life when so much is outside of your control?
- 9:02 – Radical accountability & releasing your guilt, blame, and shame
- 16:04 – Are you under an illusion? Why you need to shatter it ASAP
- 20:45 – The key to a safe, lasting, and fulfilling relationship
- 25:06 – What it actually looks like to love someone unconditionally
- 28:08 – Can I try to change my partner if it’s for their own good?
- 31:58 – Monica’s dream life, resource recs, life-changing habits, best received advice & favorite part about life
- 34:30 – Lavi Lessons: 3 key takeaways you should reflect on today
- The Zohar
- A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen
- BetterHelp | trybetterhelp.com/lavendaire – 10% off first month
- Happy relationships are based on deep friendships.
- Relationships are work, but that doesn’t mean it has to be hard work.
- The thing about vulnerability is that it’s not really a choice. You’re already vulnerable every single day of your life.
- We are all deserving of love. We are all deserving of good things.
- Unconditional love means you let those that you love walk their own path.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3