158: Don’t Keep Your Day Job w/ Cathy Heller
Cathy Heller doesn't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but her words are a necessary reminder: “Your purpose isn't something you discover under a rock.” Today we're talking about developing your purpose over time, with an open mind, active listening, and a love for meaningful connection.
For the finale of Season 5 of the podcast, it was only fitting we close out with an episode on one of the most common reasons people turn to Lavendaire: figuring out what to do with your life. This episode has both the practical tips and thought-provoking questions you need to help you do just that.
If you've enjoyed the podcast, we'd love if you could leave a review on iTunes. We'll read your feedback and come back with a new and improved Season 6 in the fall!
In this episode we explore:
- 2:24 – The life-changing question that started Cathy on a successful life path
- 8:23 – Why “What is my one purpose in life?” is the wrong question to ask yourself
- 12:16 – What if I don't want to pick one of my passions over the other?
- 15:53 – Finding huge success despite the inevitable impostor syndrome
- 21:52 – The one practice you should be doing to make deep connections with your audience
- 28:51 – Should you ever hide parts of yourself from your brand? Does it matter?
- 32:18 – Cathy's dream life, book rec, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- 35:28 – Lavi Lessons: 3 key takeaways you should reflect on today
- 6 Figure Songwriting course
- Don't Keep Your Day Job book
- Passion Finder Quiz
- James Clear on Cathy's podcast
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin
- Create Your Dream Life online course | lavendaire.com/dreamlife
- Send in your topic/guest suggestions for next season! | Twitter, Instagram
- Join the Lavendaire newsletter | lavendaire.com/mail
- We will reach for the highest branch that we can see.
- On the other side of your pain, there's purpose.
- Your purpose isn't something you discover under a rock someday. It's something that develops over time.
- The world will tell you what they need, whether you like it or not. And if you're listening, you'll answer that need however you think you can.
- People don't need you to be perfect. People just want to connect.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.