Cathy Heller doesn’t mean to be the bearer of bad news, but her words are a necessary reminder: “Your purpose isn’t something you discover under a rock.” Today we’re talking about developing your purpose over time, with an open mind, active listening, and a love for meaningful connection.
For the finale of Season 5 of the podcast, it was only fitting we close out with an episode on one of the most common reasons people turn to Lavendaire: figuring out what to do with your life. This episode has both the practical tips and thought-provoking questions you need to help you do just that.
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, we’d love if you could leave a review on iTunes. We’ll read your feedback and come back with a new and improved Season 6 in the fall!
In this episode we explore:
- 2:24 – The life-changing question that started Cathy on a successful life path
- 8:23 – Why “What is my one purpose in life?” is the wrong question to ask yourself
- 12:16 – What if I don’t want to pick one of my passions over the other?
- 15:53 – Finding huge success despite the inevitable impostor syndrome
- 21:52 – The one practice you should be doing to make deep connections with your audience
- 28:51 – Should you ever hide parts of yourself from your brand? Does it matter?
- 32:18 – Cathy’s dream life, book rec, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- 35:28 – Lavi Lessons: 3 key takeaways you should reflect on today
- 6 Figure Songwriting course
- Don’t Keep Your Day Job book
- Passion Finder Quiz
- James Clear on Cathy’s podcast
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin
- Create Your Dream Life online course | lavendaire.com/dreamlife
- Send in your topic/guest suggestions for next season! | Twitter, Instagram
- Join the Lavendaire newsletter | lavendaire.com/mail
- We will reach for the highest branch that we can see.
- On the other side of your pain, there’s purpose.
- Your purpose isn’t something you discover under a rock someday. It’s something that develops over time.
- The world will tell you what they need, whether you like it or not. And if you’re listening, you’ll answer that need however you think you can.
- People don’t need you to be perfect. People just want to connect.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3