162: Teens Taking Control of Mental Health w/ Teenager Therapy
We don't give teenagers enough credit. Through the power of social media, they're the ones changing the world one candid conversation at a time. Today, we have on Mark Hugo & Isaac Hurtado of Teenager Therapy, a podcast of five teenage friends opening up to break the mental health stigma.
In this episode we explore:
- 2:16 – How five teens started and grew a New York Times-featured podcast
- 10:14 – Lessons on vulnerability & the power of opening up, even as an introvert
- 16:49 – The top challenges for the first generation fully growing up with social media
- 19:10 – What topics are not talked about enough with teenagers and why?
- 21:22 – Simple ways to help your others build confidence in the age of social media
- 25:05 – What parents/adults need to know their roles about teenage mental health
- 30:00 – Mark & Isaac's dream lives, book rec, life-changing habits, best received advice & favorite parts about life
- 35:12 – Lavi Lessons: 3 key takeaways you should reflect on today
Teenager Therapy links:
- Teenager Therapy on the New York Times
- Couples Therapy with Candice and Casey
- Teenager Therapy – Only Child Syndrome
- 2021 Artist of Life Workbook
- Sign up for a free account on ConvertKit | convertkit.com/lifestyle
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.