162: Teens Taking Control of Mental Health w/ Teenager Therapy
We don't give teenagers enough credit. Through the power of social media, they're the ones changing the world one candid conversation at a time. Today, we have on Mark Hugo & Isaac Hurtado of Teenager Therapy, a podcast of five teenage friends opening up to break the mental health stigma.
In this episode we explore:
- 2:16 – How five teens started and grew a New York Times-featured podcast
- 10:14 – Lessons on vulnerability & the power of opening up, even as an introvert
- 16:49 – The top challenges for the first generation fully growing up with social media
- 19:10 – What topics are not talked about enough with teenagers and why?
- 21:22 – Simple ways to help your others build confidence in the age of social media
- 25:05 – What parents/adults need to know their roles about teenage mental health
- 30:00 – Mark & Isaac's dream lives, book rec, life-changing habits, best received advice & favorite parts about life
- 35:12 – Lavi Lessons: 3 key takeaways you should reflect on today
Teenager Therapy links:
- Teenager Therapy on the New York Times
- Couples Therapy with Candice and Casey
- Teenager Therapy – Only Child Syndrome
- 2021 Artist of Life Workbook
- Sign up for a free account on ConvertKit | convertkit.com/lifestyle
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.