What’s the disconnect in your life right now? When does anxiety seem to creep up on you? Meera Lee Patel is returning to the show to share her insights on quieting your anxiety, coping with big changes in your life and the world, and cultivating a sense of inner calm despite it all.
In Meera’s previous interview, we talked about seeing fear as a friend, as an opportunity to discover your potential. Today we’re expanding the conversation to see fear and anxiety as opportunities to practice creativity and cultivate your sense of self acceptance.
In this episode we explore:
- 2:11 – Meera’s routines & inspiration, living with intention on a farm
- 9:48 – Create Your Own Calm: How to quiet your anxieties & practice self acceptance
- 14:01 – “The capacity to find joy” even with big and unexpected changes in life
- 18:28 – How to use creativity to heal, even if you don’t think of yourself as a creative person
- 22:00 – How Meera’s books come to life: Idea dumps & “garbage” first drafts
- 24:55 – Dealing with resistance, creative blocks, and the comparison trap as an artist
- 30:36 – Meera’s dream life, book rec, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- 33:55 – Lavi Lessons: 3 key takeaways you should reflect on today
- Meera’s first interview on the podcast
- Create Your Own Calm
- My Friend Fear
- The Artist’s Way
- 2021 Artist of Life Workbook
- Our fear has more control over us when we choose not to accept ourselves.
- Simply being open to life looking differently than I thought it would, has been the biggest gift.
- I’m so excited to see what new life I’m gonna have tomorrow, and to know that I have the capacity to find joy in it even if it’s totally different from what I thought I wanted.
- That is more than enough, to simply keep going.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3