234: Janet Wang on Discovering and Crafting Your Identity
Our individual experience and relationship with our culture can change with each season in our lives. It could be very different from the next person and that’s okay. In this episode, Janet Wang and Aileen talk about cultural identity, how this can evolve with our experiences, finding your career path, and finding the wellness practices along the way that work for you, your lifestyle, and your goals.
Janet Wang is a co-founder and co-host of AsianBossGirl, a podcast turned small media company for the modern day Asian-American woman. On air since 2017, They share stories about their corporate journeys, cultural identity, dating stories, and more. She also hosts a mini-show under the AsianBossGirl umbrella called Living Well with Janet, where she explores health and wellness trends as a Western person with Eastern upbringing.
- 1:45 How we started
- 5:33 Taking the leap
- 13:55 Mindset shifts
- 17:18 How did we know we were on the right path?
- 21:16 Discovering my identity
- 26:35 Connection requires deliberate effort
- 29:48 My journey to wellness
- 37:32 My routines and habits
- 40:53 Different ways to meditate
- 44:12 Merging my Eastern and Western backgrounds
- 48:50 Each body is unique. Find what works for you
- 54:59 This too shall pass
FIND JANET ONLINE
- GhostBed | Use code TLL for 40% off your purchase sitewide at GhostBed.com
- BetterHelp | Get 10% off your first month: betterhelp.com/TLL
SUBSCRIBE TO THE LAVENDAIRE LIFESTYLE PODCAST
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.