The only way to get noticed is to make things and put them out there. Today’s guest, Karen Kavett, is a crafter and freelance graphic designer. Since high school, Karen has been putting her work out into the world, earning opportunities with HGTV and YouTube. This episode is for those with a passion for creating.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:00 – Karen’s early start in graphic design
- 3:12 – Earning her first full-time job at YouTube
- 5:55 – Transitioning to a freelance career + Finding jobs as a freelancer
- 12:19 – How to get hired as an artist
- 14:00 – Biggest lesson from Karen’s career – Just keep making things.
- 15:16 – Daily life as a graphic designer and crafter
- 16:50 – Future directions: Focusing on personal projects
- 18:50 – The story of the Don’t Break the Chain Calendar
- Karen’s website | Karen Kavett
- HGTV Handmade
- So You Want to Watch YouTube flowchart
- Don’t Break the Chain Calendar 2017
[ctt template=”1″ link=”3r14g” via=”no” ]No one can hire you if they don’t know who you are.[/ctt]
[ctt template=”1″ link=”4LGu6″ via=”no” ]Just keep making things.[/ctt]
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3