How to Stick to Your New Year’s Resolutions & Goals
How to commit to your new year's resolutions & 2020 goals instead of giving up on them completely. First understand WHY we fail or give up in the first place, then take the steps to avoid those pitfalls.
In this video, I share 9 tips on how to stay committed to your goals & habits this year, so that your resolutions become a reality rather than a faded memory. This is your year to chase those dreams!
Here are just some reasons we give up:
- We set unrealistic resolutions.
- We overwhelm ourselves.
- We fail to set up systems for success, AKA habits.
- We get busy, and allow other things take priority.
- We focus on the WHAT instead of the WHY.
Knowing this, let’s talk about how to set yourself up for success to stick to your new year’s resolutions and goals this year. Follow these steps:
- Build trust with yourself
- Prioritize and focus down
- Make it extremely easy to do
- Be specific & break it down
- Take a small action TODAY
- Reduce friction between you and your goals
- Keep trying and don't stop at failure
- Reevaluate & let go of goals that no longer align with you
- Be gentle with yourself
Remember that you are evolving with time and it might not be
noticeable in the day to day, but you’re doing this for the long game.
Over the course of a year, you’ll surprise
yourself with how much you’ve grown.
Thanks to SmileDirectClub for sponsoring this video! Opinions are all my own.
- Use the code: LAVENDAIRE to get $100 off your aligners here → https://smiledirect.co/Lavendaire
Watch more videos
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.