How do you tell the difference between worry that keeps you safe and worry that holds you back from growth and new experiences? Today’s guest, Amber Rae wrote “Choose Wonder Over Worry” to share how she tells the difference: a journey through the inner world to come out and live your truth.
Aileen and Amber talk about life’s big questions that draw people to the self help space, turning your critical inner voice into imaginary characters, and how to get over imposter syndrome when you feel like you’re not qualified to create or share your voice.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:08 – Amber’s early start in psychology, self help, creating inspirational content on Tumblr
- 5:06 – Moving from San Francisco to NYC in less than 24 hours – and ending up working with Seth Godin
- 9:10 – Choose Wonder Over Worry: A journey through the inner world & embracing curiosity of the unknown
- 14:48 – How to tell the difference between toxic worry and useful worry
- 17:00 – Getting over perfectionism & the stories we tell ourselves about not being enough
- 19:31 – Imposter syndrome: The worry that holds Amber back from living her true self
- 22:25 – Feeling vs. thinking about emotions & Embracing the messages they have for us
- 26:26 – Actionable advice for aspiring authors looking to get published
- 28:11 – Q&A: Amber’s dream life, recommendations, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Choose Wonder Over Worry
- Publishers Marketplace
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Soraa | www.amazon.com/soraa (Promo code: LAVENDAIRE)
- If I’m going to do it, I’m going to go all in, and I’m going to make a story and an adventure out of it.
- When I put pen to paper, I feel like I can reveal myself to myself.
- The most amazing part about life is the mystery of witnessing it unfold.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3