116: Understanding Astrology, Birth Charts & Horoscopes w/ Debra Silverman
Today's podcast is a much-awaited treat! I mentioned being interested in astrology a while back and a lot of people asked me to share more. Since I'm a beginner, I wanted to bring on an expert: Debra Silverman. Debra is an astrologer, psychologist, and expert on marrying the two: interpreting the stars and how they play into your reality.
Debra and I talk about the basics of studying astrology, balancing the concept of ‘destiny' with having free will, and why you shouldn't be afraid to read your horoscope. Plus: She drops a few insights from reading my own birth chart, so you all can get to know more about my personality (P.S. I'm a Libra!)
In this episode we explore:
- 1:30 – Astrology and psychology: How Debra combines the two to answer the big questions about life
- 4:25 – What you can learn from birth charts + How to understand your sun, moon, and rising signs
- 10:38 – How much of your destiny is written in the stars? Does free will even matter?
- 13:16 – How to see astrology working in your own life + What the Saturn Return means to current millennials
- 21:18 – Debra's favorite resources for everything astrology, birth charts, horoscopes, and more
- 22:27 – Listener Q&A: Do horoscopes come true even if you don't read them? What other astrological factors affect personality?
- 26:45 – Debra's dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Astrology Answers
- The Star Community
- The Missing Element
- 2019 Artist of Life Workbook + Daily Planner
- Most people learn by mistakes and the way that your destiny shows up is by figuring out what you don't like.
- Each one of you are here to wake up to your chart.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.