118: Body Love, Emotional Eating & Healthy Self Care w/ Susan Hyatt
Are you treating your body from a place of love and celebration? Or from a punishment and deprivation? Susan Hyatt is a life coach spreading the message of empowerment: looking at and treating your body with genuine love.
Aileen and Susan chat about negative body image as a ‘normal' phenomenon for women, how to do an “environmental detox” of things in life that deplete you, and why we often confuse food for the need for community and friendship.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:20 – Susan's first experience questioning her body at age 11 + How diet culture permeates everything
- 7:07 – How to undo the negative thinking surrounding body image: Do an “environmental detox”
- 10:59 – Gentle advice for people whose normal diets consist of mostly sugar and junk food
- 13:52 – How to “diversify your pleasures” & stop turning to food or alcohol for comfort
- 22:23 – Eavesdropping on your inner critic in order to shed all types of weight: emotional, physical, and mental
- 25:54 – Susan's favorite ways to practice self care for free, every single day
- 28:05 – Susan's dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
- Peloton Bike
- 2019 Artist of Life Workbook + Daily Planner |https://shop.lavendaire.com
- It's not a willpower problem. It's a pleasure problem.
- There is pleasure to get from food… This isn't “Food shouldn't be a part of the equation”. It just shouldn't be the whole equation.
- If you can learn to notice what you're saying and pivot your thoughts… you will become a time-creator in your life.
- You can plan and do mantras and set intentions and manifest, and then life tends to give you something even more beautiful if you let it.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.