If you’re feeling spread a little too thin lately, this episode’s for you because we’re tackling everything related to stress, what happens when you have too much of it, and practical tips for trying to get your busy life back into balance.
Today we’re talking to Dr. Samantha Brody, a naturopathic physician and author of Overcoming Overwhelm: Dismantle Your Stress from the Inside Out. We went beyond the typical stress management advice (“Remember to breathe!” or “Just push through!”), and explored tangible and realistic ways to manage stress in the long-run.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:17 – Stress vs. Overwhelm: What’s the difference & How can we stop stress from turning into overwhelm?
- 6:14 – Three steps to overcoming overwhelm (beyond your typical self care habits)
- 9:58 – How to do more of what you want to do in life without feeling spread too thin
- 13:15 – Perfectionism + Paralysis: Why your brain keeps holding you back from taking action
- 22:29 – How to stop work stress from following you home every day, even if you love your job
- 25:46 – Should you quit your overwhelming job? When should you try to stick it out instead?
- 30:55 – Dr. Samantha’s dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Overcoming Overwhelm
- The Body Keeps the Score*
- Under Desk Treadmill*
- Sit-stand Desk Riser*
- Create Your Dream Life Course | lavendaire.com/dreamlife
- Native | nativedeodorant.com (Promo code: LAVENDAIRE)
- Stress helps drive us to make changes in our lives.
- In order to be able to do the things that really help us feel best, we have to be uncomfortable sometimes.
- Without the pause, we don’t have time to reflect and recalibrate.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3