129: Empathy, People Pleasing & Protecting Your Energy w/ Robin Scott
It's tough dealing with your own emotions on a daily basis, but what if you're also dealing with everyone else's? If you can deeply feel others' feelings, if you can actually feel the mood in a room, you're probably an empath!
But it goes beyond just being able to sense what others are feeling. Robin Scott is the founder of The Diary of an Empath, a resource to help fellow empaths understand their abilities and live an authentic, empathic life.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:26 – Empath 101: How to know if you're an empath + The different types of empaths
- 5:34 – “Am I anxious or am I an empath?”: Distinguishing mental health from empath identity
- 9:42 – Knowers, seers & feelers: The different purposes that empaths can serve in the world
- 11:55 – How to tell the difference between what your body says is right & what society says is right
- 16:10 – The price of being an empath: How to balance empathy with authenticity
- 22:24 – Energy vampires: Protecting your energy from negative, expressive people
- 25:50 – Robin's dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Authenticity: PSA for People Pleasers & Empaths
- Understanding Astrology, Birth Charts & Horoscopes w/ Debra Silverman
- Rise Sister Rise by Rebecca Campbell
- Types of empaths
- 2020 Artist of Life Workbook | shop.lavendaire.com
- I'm cleared of anything that is not mine.
- You can't grow it, if you don't first plant it.
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.