There are endless ways to be living the dream. What’s yours? Today’s guest, Jason Zook, made over a million dollars wearing t-shirts as the launch of his entrepreneurial journey. In this episode, Aileen and Jason share stories of the necessity of failure, the non-necessity of growth, and how to build a successful online business.
In this episode we explore:
- 0:59 – Jason’s early entrepreneurial lessons
- 5:34 – Biggest failure from IWearYourShirt – Trying to keep up with everybody else.
- 8:38 – How Jason got out of $100k in debt
- 12:29 – What’s exciting Jason now – BuyOurFuture
- 14:22 – Needing more in business VS. Having “enough”
- 17:31 – What it means to “live the dream”
- 20:11 – Jason’s work-life balance + What “work” actually is
- 24:37 – Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs – The recipe for a successful online business
- 32:31 – The value of a social media detox
- Website | jasondoesstuff.com/
- Buy Our Future
- Do a Social Media Detox
- Body of Work by Pamela Slim
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Thrive Market | thrivemarket.com/lavendaire
- “The beginning of your work is ugly … But you just have to start and you have to get going.”
- “The dream is whatever you want it to be and whatever you can manage and sustain.”
- “Things need time to be successful.”
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3