48: Stop Being a People-Pleaser w/ Confidence Coach Amy E. Smith
Cut out from your life the people who don't want the most empowered version of yourself. Today's guest, Amy E. Smith, is a confidence coach who wants you to stop being a people-pleaser and start living for yourself. In this episode, Aileen and Amy explore confident communication, authentic living, and how to be responsible for your actions.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:12 – The definition of a people-pleaser
- 2:43 – Amy's people-pleasing journey
- 5:33 – How to deal with people's reactions when you take a stand
- 8:02 – Choosing between family and yourself
- 10:27 – The turning points in Amy's confidence – self talk + sacrifice
- 16:12 – Authenticity as a skill and the key to a joyful life
- 19:50 – Balancing emotions and responsibility for your behavior
- 22:34 – Stand Up For Yourself Without Being a Dick – workbook of self-confidence challenges
- Thrive Market | thrivemarket.com/lavendaire
- “You are responsible for your intention, not your perception.”
- “Respect is thicker than water.”
- “I choose me, and I'm going to allow you to feel however you want to feel about that.”
- “There are people who don't like the empowered version of you. They want the people-pleaser version of you.”
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.