How can you confront your past struggles and use it to find your purpose? Today’s guest, Nate Proctor, is a “curator of love and art” who combines his love for art and literature to start online discussion about mental health and self-care. In this episode, Aileen and Nate talk about Instagram as a space of acceptance, the power of writing letters to strangers, and how struggle brings you closer to where you’re supposed to be.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:17 – Nate’s homeless journey + Discovering the power of poetry
- 7:05 – How writing brought Nate to Columbia University
- 8:33 – Greatest lessons learned – Know who you are + Know you have power.
- 12:22 – Combining art and literature into a space of acceptance on Instagram
- 14:05 – The success of Love Letters to Strangers
- 18:21 – Nate’s advice to his 24 year old self – Confront the struggle.
- Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/nateproctor/
- Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/thenateproctor/
- YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/nateproctor
- VideoBlocks | www.videoblocks.com/lifestyle
- Struggle is not only a part of life, but can be a part of who we can become.
- The most beautiful people in life are those that have struggled.
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3