57: Lessons from a Buddhist Monk Turned Filmmaker w/ Clarke Scott
Awareness is the first step to the extraordinary life we all want to live. Today's guest, Clarke Scott, is a writer and director who tells stories of human potential. In this episode, Aileen and Clarke talk about being at a crossroads in your journey, love as an everyday choice, and recognizing the patterns in your life that are holding you back.
In this episode we explore:
- 0:57 – Clarke's journey from monk to PhD student to director
- 3:35 – Lessons from being a Buddhist monk
- 7:29 – Why Clarke turned to filmmaking as a monk
- 10:34 – A Thousand Moments Later film – Love as a choice
- 13:47 – Think Like a Meditator course – Deconstructing life to understand your potential
- 17:38 – Clarke's tips for breaking out of self talk patterns – Meditation + Journaling
- Love is not something you find.
- Every day, you choose to turn up to that relationship. You choose to turn up to life.
- We all want to live an extraordinary life.
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
How much do you really know about yourself?
Discover more about yourself and what you want out of life with this free downloadable list of 30 self reflection journaling prompts.