Want to make a living by creating? Just know that your path won’t be straight and isn’t going to look like anybody else’s. Amy Tan, creator and author of Craft a Life You Love, will inspire you to do just that: craft a life you love, a life full of creative energy and flow, even if it takes a wildly unconventional path.
Aileen and Amy explore the power of sharing your goals, the importance of being creative just for fun (even if it’s your job), and striving towards work-life harmony instead of balance.
In this episode we explore:
1:17 – Amy’s accidental business journey: From arm warmers to handcrafted apparel
4:55 – 4 tips for creatives looking to connect with a mentor
8:48 – Amy’s self-publishing story + Getting picked up by a publisher
14:34 – How to stay connected with creative energy and find your flow
17:03 – Creative routines and rituals to stay inspired
20:26 – How to challenge yourself as a creative: Pick up new mediums
23:15 – HARMONY: Amy’s inspiration for work-life ‘balance’
27:50 – Advice for those who want to create for a living
- Craft a Life You Love
- HelloFresh | http://www.hellofresh.com/lavendairelifestyle60 (Promo code: LAVENDAIRELIFESTYLE60)
- Harmony Principle download
- Only you are going to know what is going to be worthwhile for you.
- You have the power within you to craft a life you love.
- Know that your path isn’t going to look like anybody else’s.
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3