This episode is perfect-timing if you’re looking to make health or diet changes for the new year (or any time!). Today’s guest is Maria Marlowe: Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, author, and host of the Happier & Healthier podcast.
Maria and Aileen chat about how the food you eat affects your body in more ways than you may think, common misconceptions about food and health, and practical day-to-day tips for transitioning to a healthier diet.
In this episode we explore:
- 2:17 – Why Maria is so passionate about health, nutrition, and sharing her knowledge
- 7:45 – The exact diet changes Maria made to clear up her years of acne
- 8:50 – How we’ve been trained to crave sugar and Maria’s top to break the addiction
- 13:36 – Two red flags to look for when grocery shopping
- 19:13 – Maria’s weekend meal-prepping routine and tips
- 21:30 – Why frozen vegetables might actually be healthier for you than fresh
- 22:59 – Extra meal prep tips: Healthy reheating + smart storage
- 24:21 – Busting nutrition myths: Are all calories created equal? Do I have to exercise to lose weight?
- 27:05 – Why eating less food (when it’s healthy and whole) will still fill you up
- 29:25 – Maria’s reflections on starting her entire career from a blog
- 32:47 – Rapid Q&A: Maria’s dream life, recommendations, life-changing habit, best received advice, and favorite part about life
- 34:10 – Aileen’s personal takeaways and reflections
- How Not to Die by Gene Stone and Michael Greger
- Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman
- The Real Food Grocery Guide
- Happier & Healthier with Maria Marlowe
- EatSLIM course
- A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
- Blinkist | blinkist.com/lavendaire
- Not all calories are created equal.
- Think really big and ask for big things.