Exploring a completely new topic on the podcast this week: Tarot! Today’s guest, Brigit Esselmont of Biddy Tarot, is shedding light on what Tarot is and isn’t and how you can incorporate the spiritual practice into your everyday life.
Aileen and Brigit chat about Tarot as a self-reflection tool (and not a fortune teller), how to create a successful business from a spiritual hobby, and why not even Brigit draws cards every single day!
In this episode we explore:
- 3:12 – What Tarot really is + How to use it
- 6:08 – Busting the misconception that Tarot is fortune-telling tool
- 9:14 – Making sense of a reading when you go to a Tarot reader
- 13:06 – How Brigit took Tarot from hobby to career over almost 20 years
- 20:56 – Why Brigit thinks Biddy Tarot became the 7-figure business it is today
- 23:38 – Balancing spirituality with business, while running a spiritual business
- 25:09 – The Everyday Tarot book + Brigit’s personal favorite Tarot exercises
- 28:44 – What beginners can do today to start incorporating Tarot into their lives
- 30:19 – A live collaborative Tarot reading by Brigit!
- 33:55 – Rapid Q&A: Brigit’s dream life, recommendations, life-changing habit, best received advice, and favorite part about life
- 37:48 – Aileen’s personal reflections and takeaways
- The Ultimate Guide to Tarot Card Meanings
- 2019 Biddy Tarot Planner
- The Fountain Tarot
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Ritual | ritual.com/lavendaire
- It’s not so much that I trust the tarot. It’s that I trust myself.
- You have the answers, not the tarot cards.
- Trusting and believing the tarot is as much about trusting and believing yourself and knowing that you got the answers you need.