Give yourself a break to be human and fall apart. We promise you will always come back out of the darkness and stop feeling like sh*t. Today’s guest, Andrea Owen, is a life coach who wants you to be a new kind of strong by feeling your feelings – all of them – instead of numbing and pushing them down.
Aileen and Andrea chat about what it’s like to be at rock bottom, the top self-destructive habit holding women back, and the one question you can ask to change the way you can support people you love.
In this episode we explore:
1:20 – From failed relationships and love addiction, to taking responsibility for happiness
5:53 – What is codependency and how is it in all of us?
9:33 – Allowing yourself to be human + Seeing “negative” emotions as neutral
12:36 – When are we allowed to numb ourselves with Netflix and Pringles?
15:26 – Why Andrea’s changing the definition of “strong” for women
17:35 – “Nobody dies from feeling their feelings” – Confronting what it means to fall apart
21:14 – Two action steps to stop numbing your emotions
24:33 – Andrea’s top tip from How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t
- How To Stop Feeling Like Sh*t book
- Codependent No More by Melody Beattie
- Stop Being a People-Pleaser w/ Confidence Coach Amy E. Smith
- Freshbooks | www.freshbooks.com/lifestyle
- We can’t bury our feelings alive and expect them to die.
- I want to change the definition of being strong to actually feeling your feelings and reaching out for help.
- Nobody dies from feeling their feelings.
- We are fireproof when it comes to walking through the fire of emotions.
Have something to say? Join the conversation in our Facebook group!
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3